GuidePedia

The mythical wave of Cloud 9 in the Philippines is currently hosting the 24th edition of the Siargao Cloud 9 Surfing Cup organized by WSL. If the competition is off today for the moment, yesterday's conditions were incredible... Beautiful barrels and a third round that took place in waves of 4 to 6 feet. 


Photo: Benett


Former CT surfer Raoni Monteiro was one of the most beautiful surfers of the day. The Brazilian scored with a total of 17.80 in two waves (out of a possible 20).

"I am so happy to be back in heaven," said Monteiro. "It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever known and the waves are very strong. Last year we had some good days, but this year is incredible. I just went out and got shot. We are so lucky to be able to surf waves like this with no one else. I really want to enjoy my time here and surf these waves.

For more articles, click here!

 
Top