GuidePedia


On YouTube, they call him The Fat Surfer. Maybe you’ve caught the video or seen some of his amazing pictures on Tumblr. We were able to catch up with Jimbo Pellegrine, the man who has been blowing away stereotypes and preconceived notions for years by simply getting on a surfboard and doing what he loves to do.
How long have you been surfing and how did you get started? I have been surfing for 35 years. My dad  is a surfer and that helped me. We always lived close to the ocean and near the best locations. I started surfing when I was 4 years old, and by the time I was 10 I had already surfed places that many surfers had only dreamed of, like Hawaii and the ranch in California.
What is it about surfing that keeps you doing it? Surfing is the kind of thing that keeps you forever. I am a water person and always have been. Once a surfer, always a surfer.


 
Top