GuidePedia

Mick Fanning has taken out the 2015 Hurley Pro, at Lower Trestles, California.

The Australian surfer defeated Adriano de Souza in a tight final held in three-to-five-foot surf. Fanning's near-perfect 9.77 wave proved to be decisive.
"This has been a great event for me. I came in early, and we had amazing waves. I've had such a great support team here, so I've been having a lot of fun. My mum's been here too which has been really special," expressed Mick Fanning.
"It's been wild year for me. This wave and this event are all about performance. To walk away with this trophy is really special. I want to congratulate Adriano - he surfed amazing, and he always puts up a huge fight."
Mick Fanning will be hunting the fourth world surfing title, as he recaptures first place in the rankings with only three events to go.
Carissa Moore defeated Bianca Buitendag in the Swatch Women's Pro final. The Hawaiian managed to surf two high-scoring waves, and she now has a comfortable lead over Courtney Conlogue in the overall rankings.
"This is such a sweet win for me, and I'm so, so stoked. That was a really tough final against Bianca, and I'm just so happy to make it through. I love this wave - it's my happy place.
"It's always so special for me to be here because I grew up competing at Lower Trestles. It's just so awesome to come here on the women's tour so big thanks to everyone for making that happen."
Hurley Pro 2015 | Final
1. Mick Fanning (AUS) 17.44
2. Adriano de Souza (BRA) 16.44
Swatch Women's Pro 2015 | Final
1. Carissa Moore (HAW) 16.37
2. Bianca Buitendag (ZAF) 13.84

 
Top