GuidePedia


Longboarding isn’t something that I ever thought I’d get into. Surprisingly, though, I have. When I was younger, I flopped around on smaller days, paddling my ass off, pumping desperately down the line until the wave finally laughed me off. Still, I scoffed at longboarders as they effortlessly cruised along; two quick strokes to get in followed by a few nimble steps and a few more graceful turns. “Fucking kooks,” I thought. “Learn to surf.”
How wrong I was. In the last three-going-on four years, I’ve become a bit of a convert. I still ride shortboards, mid-lengths. and whatever else I can get my hands on–the day dictates board, I think–but longboards have a certain something that isn’t found in any other surfboard. It’s a slowness mixed with a quickness, a juggernaut-ish momentum tempered by big, arcing turns and a kind of flow that just isn’t possible on anything else.
Corey Colapinto has it nailed. In a pastime where style lends itself to functionality, Colapinto blends classic style, performance, and a dash of his own flair. It’s a beautiful thing to watch… unless you’re a crusty old shortboarder that refuses to try anything else and judges anyone who does.
See more from filmmaker Evan Adamson on Instac InstagramFacebook, and  Vimeo. See more from Corey on Instagram and Vimeo

 
Top